Sunday, November 20, 2011
Posting To Twitter
POSTING TO TWITTER
The steps for posting to twitter are quite similar to posting to the team thread. First pick the item that you want to promote.
1. Once you have picked the item you are going to promote, click on it so that it is featured. At this point the link should be up in the address line
2. LEFT ClICK on the address line to select it (address should be highlighted)
3. When address is highlighted RIGHT CLICK with cursor over address
4. DROP DOWN MENU will appear, CLICK ON COPY
5. At this point you want to open a new window, the windows you have open are listed at the bottom of the task bar and the top of the window screen.
6. To open a new window without closing any of the other windows that are open Point the cursor into the BOX at the END of the LAST WINDOW AT THE RIGHT END AND LEFT CLICK
7. Go up to the Address bar and type in twitter, (once you have used twitter your computer will save the address and you will only need to type T and a drop down menu will give you an offering of T addresses Twitter among them, if you have a lot of T names in your address book then type in TW get twitter to come up fast,
8. When Twitter comes up on screen it should be on HOME SCREEN if not just CLICK ON HOME
9. You will see the box where you compose your ad
10. We will use one of my items as a sample ad:
#Jewelry #Bracelet #Blue #Cluster SilverFindings http://www.etsy.com/listing/73054645 #HandmadeByMe #Unique #Original #Affordable #Fashionable
11. This is a typical ad that covers all the important info to insure the person knows what you are selling, the tags should help the ad to be pulled up in a search. I typed in the first set of tags to definitively describe the actual item. Then I RIGHT CLICKED and put the link in. After that until I finished the 140 characters I used tags that are less item descriptive and more generic that I use on all of my products .
12. Once you have finished your ad CLICK ON TWEET and you are finished.